If you’re looking for a way to balance your home and achieve a more successful and happy live, you should consider incorporating the ancient Chinese art of Feng Shui to your space.
We usually don’t pay much attention to the bedroom, which should be our safe place where we can recharge and get some rest. Also, incorporating Feng Shui to your bedroom will allow you to have a more romantic vibe and cozy atmosphere. There are many things you must take into consideration in order to create the proper Feng Shui in your bedroom.
How to apply Feng Shui to your bed
You should start by investing in a solid and wooden headboard, or the upholstered one, as it will give you solid and gentle supporting as well as allow the good energy for you and your space. While you’re falling asleep, your body and mind are starting to recharge and repair the energy level, so it’s important for you to have good backing for your head, support, and protection. Also, keep in mind to provide the proper support for your back while sitting!
One of the most important things when it comes to applying the art of Feng Shui to your bed is getting a supportive mattress. There are many choices available, to it’s important to find a piece that will promote the best relaxation and sleep, which will provide better health for you during the day. If possible, don’t buy the used mattress, as you can never know what energy it has accumulated from the previous owner.
You should remember to keep your bed at a good height in order to allow for a balanced energy flow under your bed. Usually, we invest in bed with built-in storage drawers underneath, which provide us more storage solutions, but these block the space underneath the bed. Instead, consider purchasing a bed at a reasonable height above the floor to provide the space for the energy to circulate around your body when you sleep.
It’s recommended to place the bed as far from the door as possible, or diagonally from the door. Try not to position your bed in line with the door, as you should be able to see the door while in bed. The best way to allow the good energy to flow properly is to place your bed diagonally from the door, jutting out from the opposite corner. The ancient Chinese art of Feng Shui says that the further you are from the door, the more prepared you will be for what may come in the future. Also, keep in mind that having the door in your direct line of vision when you wake up is perfect to give you the feel of full control over your life.
Remember to have a good supporting wall behind your bed. Try not to sleep under the window, as your personal energy may get weaker in time, instead, consider proper support and protection behind your bed.
Keep in mind to place grounding and balanced energy on both sides of your bed. You should consider investing in two nightstands for each side of your bed if you want to achieve more balance while sleeping. One of the greatest ways to create a positive energy flow is to incorporate the same lamp on each nightstand, which will also add some soft lighting to your space. If you share your bedroom with your partner, you must focus on keeping the balance to maintain equality in a relationship. Try to purchase round nightstands not to cut the chi energy with a squares furnishings around your bed.
Don’t forget to keep all the distractions, like the desk or TV as far away from your bed as possible. Consider moving these pieces out of your bedroom, so it can truly become a space where you can recharge and spend some romantic quality time with your partner. But what if you have small, limited space? Try to place your desk and television simply as far from your bed as you can to avoid getting in the way of its positive energy. Another idea is to drape a light scarf over the desk or TV to cover it for the time when you sleep. Also, you can use a Japanese folding closet to achieve even more space.
How to avoid negative energy
You must remember to avoid a mirror that faces your bed or a mirrored set of closed doors, as these disturb your good night’s sleep. It’s advisable to avoid having any mirrors in your bedroom because they are too energetic for such a restful space. Also, it’s believed that having the mirror in a bedroom shared with a romantic partner may open up a space for infidelity.
Try not to place your bed directly under a beam, which may create feelings of pressure and that will most likely disrupt your sleep. However, if you don’t have many options, consider covering the beam with fabric to block the unwanted energy coming from above the bed, not to feel threatened in your sleep.
To have the best possible Feng Shui in your bedroom, you should avoid water features, such as fountains, an aquarium or even pictures of water, because these could invite robbery or possible financial loss to your life. Instead, keep these features out of your bedroom, for example in a living room, where you can enjoy your pieces during the day.
It’s recommended not to keep flowers and plants in the bedroom, as these have too much yang, which leads to too much activity and energy for you to get the relaxation that you need. However, if you don’t have other room for your greenery, you should keep your plants out of your line of sight when you’re in bed.
Keep in mind not to accumulate clutter around your bed or pushing one side of it against a wall if you want the Chi to circulate and provide the good intimate life. If you place your bed up against a wall, you or your partner will have to sleep on the inside, becoming trapped in the relationship.
As mentioned before, you should get rid of your television, because it creates an unhealthy magnetic field disrupting your sleep. Also, it may strain your relationship with your partner or bring a third party into space. If you have to keep your TV in the bedroom, consider covering it with a scarf when you’re not using it. Another idea is to hide it in the closet or place the TV on a shelf that can lock up, hiding it inside.
If you like reading before you go to sleep, you can keep a few books or magazines in your bedroom, but remember that too many of these may overwhelm the space, so it’s best to put them elsewhere. You should notice that a bedroom is a place for relaxation and peace and keep many books will make your space appear like a place for work.
When it comes to beds, it’s advisable not to purchase pieces that fold into the wall, because they will not make you comfortable and will disrupt your sleep. It’s recommended to purchase a separate bed with mattress and pillows. You can install shelves o
n your empty wall after removing the old, fold-in bed.
How to achieve balanced space with colors
- In order to achieve more passion and energy in your bedroom, consider incorporating fire element colors. The Feng Shui fire element colors are orange, red, purple, pink and strong yellow and these shades will help you bring passion and romance into your life and your bedroom. Also, keep in mind that balanced fire elements may provide a supporting energy in all your career efforts and will most likely help you achieve recognition.
- For stability and nourishment in your life, it’s advisable to choose earth-toned colors,which are harmonious and strong Feng Shui Earth elements. Consider light yellow or beige to create stability, protection for all your relationships and nourishment.
- If you’re looking for preciseness and clarity, focus on finding metal shades, as these Feng Shui elements will bring the quality of precision, sharpness, efficiency and clarity. Also, gray and white colors will help you live with lightness and clarity.
- To achieve the most peaceful and restful bedroom, consider including pastel colors, especially if feeling calm in your space is the most important thing for you. Also, pastel shades will provide you a good night’s sleep. You can use light tones of blue, pink, green or purple, as having soft shades throughout your room will add serenity and peace of mind.
Other important Feng Shui tips
- It’s important to consider your bedroom as an oasis, your sanctuary. Keep in mind that this particular room is your private escape from the stress of everyday life, so try not to make it a place where you just throw all of your belongings you have no place for. You must remember that your oasis should be a space where you can rest or simply come and spend some alone time when you need a break.
- Keep in mind to include soft lighting in your bedroom for the best Feng Shui. It’s recommended to avoid garish, bright lights. Also, you should avoid having ceiling lights over your bed. You can include desk lamps that have soft light while getting as much natural light as possible from the window to create a more serene feel in your space.
- You should consider the placement of the windows in order to avoid placing your bed between the door and the window if you don’t want to be caught in the middle of the chi energy flow between these two elements. If you don’t have much choice, you can always incorporate gorgeous curtains that will block some of the bad energy. Also, try not to sleep facing the window if you want to get a restful sleep.
- It’s advisable to incorporate inspiring art into the bedroom, such as images of calming, natural places that inspire you. Consider choosing natural scenery which will motivate you to pursue your dreams and feel happy in your everyday life. You should avoid too gory, graphic or disturbing images not to ruin the good, relaxing vibe in the space. Instead, place your most inspiring picture across your line of sight while you’re in your bed so that gorgeous image is the first thing you see in the morning.
- Focus on creating an equal space on either side of your bed and other furnishings, as you should be able to walk around easily. It’s recommended to avoid letting most of the stuff in the space clutter over to one side.
- When it comes to the art of Feng Shui, you must get rid of any clothing you no longer wear. You can donate these or pass them on to your friend if they can still be worn. Plus, getting rid of your old clothes will allow you to embrace new opportunities along the way.
- Although we love having pictures of our family and friends in our homes, it’s advisable not to place those in our bedroom to avoid people watching us while sleeping. You don’t want to feel like you’re being watched, as it can get overwhelmed and stressful. The same goes for decorative figurines or dolls.
- Don’t forget to keep your bedroom as spare and simple as you can, not to make it too crowded. You should forget extra lamps, chairs or pictures, because the more stuff you have in your room, the more difficult it may be to find balance.
- As mentioned before, it’s essential to get rid of any clutter to achieve optimal Feng Shui in your bedroom. Try to minimize the stuff you really need in your space and put your sentimental items in storage or another room to create an uncluttered bedroom, which will lead to an uncluttered and fulfilling life.
A balanced Feng Shui bedroom is a space that promotes a harmonious flow of nourishing and sensual energy. It should be an inviting place that lures you in, calms and excites at the same time. Try to create a pleasurable room to be in, whether you want to have a quick nap or get a good night sleep.